The Teacher Leadership Institute provides learning experiences, resources and support for teacher leaders who are committed to improving the performance of all learners within the systems they work. The Institute strives to advance the vision and mission of the Arkansas Leadership Academy which is to use the systems approach when preparing high performing learning communities throughout the state.
The ideal nominees are informal leaders (PreK-12 classroom teachers) as well as formal leaders (instructional facilitators/coaches) whose principal must have completed (or be concurrently attending) Phase 1 of our Master Principal Program. The nominees should:
- Have a desire to improve student achievement by creating systems to build and sustain high performing professional learning communities.
- Are respected by their peers and hold high expectations for adult and student learners.
- Believe to change others, you must be willing to change yourself.
- Are able to commit the time to attend and participate at all the required sessions.
The professional journey for teachers will include engaging activities in the following areas:
- Using data and research in the Professional Development of Best Practices
- Reflective practice and message development
- Building and sustaining high performing Professional Learning Communities
- Experience with new and emerging digital resources
- Practical tools and strategies for student and adult learners
Length of Institute
Session 1: 4 days residential
Sessions 2, 3 & 4: 3 days residential
Costs are paid by the Arkansas Leadership Academy. Participants (districts) are asked to pay transportation costs to and from the institute sessions as well as substitute costs.
Please contact Joseph Wilson at 479-575-6708 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Teacher Leadership Institute application window for 2017-2018 is now CLOSED.
Applications to the institute for 2018 will be considered soon. Please check back.