September 28/29 | Fayetteville AR
Whether you’re a complete beginner with an interest in learning blockchain technologies, or an experienced developer, this will be an exciting event to learn, develop, and network with your peers, mentors, and coaches from industry.
Come as you are, and have fun building the next frontier in digital infrastructure technology while competing for prizes.
An optional training session on blockchain technologies will be held from 4:30pm to 6:00pm on Friday September 28, 2018. The pre-event kickoff start at 6:00pm where students will receive and sign up for use cases.
The Hackathon will take place all day Saturday.
Participants at this year’s event will work on challenges provided directly from our network of partners and sponsors to help solve real world problems through innovative uses of blockchain technologies. Teams will work together to develop a functional blockchain business network to showcase to industry sponsors.
Friday, September 28, 2018
- 4:30 – 6:00pm – Optional training session on blockchain technologies
- 6:00pm – Registration and check-in
- 6:30pm – Welcome and presentation of use-case challenges
- 7:15pm – Networking and team formation: Participants will be asked to network, identify a use-case they want to participate in, and form a team of 4-5 members.
- 8:30pm – Team confirmation: Participants with a completed team will register their team members with the staff and receive their swag bags and handouts. Participants without a specific team will be grouped up with help from the faculty and staff to ensure everyone has a team to work with in the morning.
- 9:00pm – Day one adjourns
Saturday, September 29
- 7:00am – Breakfast and late registration
- 8:00am – Kickoff and introduction of Sponsors/Mentors/Coaches/Faculty/Staff
- 8:30am to 4:00pm – Coding begins
- 12:00pm – Working lunch
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm – Judging starts
- 6:30pm to 8:30pm – Dinner and Presentations
- 8:30pm to 9:00pm – Closing Announcement and Presentation of Awards
- 9:00pm – Day two adjourns
The Sam M. Walton College of Business is excited to bring you this event. Blockchain technology could transform the way businesses operate, and has wide ranging applications from banking and finance to healthcare and insurance. Walton College is at the forefront of Blockchain research and education with the anticipated launch of the Blockchain Center of Excellence.
Director of the Blockchain Center of Excellence, and Professor in the Department of Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business
Assistant Professor, Department of Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business
Professor, Department of Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business