October 27-28 | Fayetteville AR
Whether you’re a complete beginner with an interest in learning blockchain technologies, or an experienced developer, this will be an exciting event to learn, develop, and network with your peers, mentors, and coaches from industry.
Come as you are, and have fun building the next frontier in digital infrastructure technology while competing for over $2,000 in prizes and swag!
A pre-event kickoff and team selections will occur on Friday night, October 27 at the Brewer Family Entrepreneurship Hub, a newly renovated space just off the Fayetteville Square.
The Hackathon will take place all day Saturday.
Participants at this year’s event will work on challenges provided directly from our network of partners and sponsors to help solve real world problems through innovative uses of blockchain technologies. Teams will work together to develop a functional blockchain business network utilizing the Hyperledger architecture running on the world-class IBM cloud platform.
Friday, October 27, 2017
- 6:00pm – Registration and check-in
- 6:30pm – Welcome and presentation of use-case challenges
- 7:15pm – Networking and team formation: Participants will be asked to network, identify a use-case they want to participate in, and form a team of 4-5 members.
- 8:30pm – Team confirmation: Participants with a completed team will register their team members with the staff and receive their swag bags and handouts. Participants without a specific team will be grouped up with help from the faculty and staff to ensure everyone has a team to work with in the morning.
- 9:00pm – Day one adjourns.
Saturday, October 28, 2017
- 7:00am – Breakfast and late registration
- 8:00am – Kickoff and introduction of Sponsors/Mentors/Coaches/Faculty/Staff
- 8:30am to 4:00pm – Coding begins
- 12:00pm – Working lunch
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm – First round case presentations
- 5:30pm – First round winners announced
- 5:30pm to 6:30pm – Pre-dinner networking and social event at the Town Center Venue.
- 6:30pm to 8:30pm – Dinner and Presentations
- 8:30pm to 9:00pm – Closing Announcement and Presentation of Awards
- 9:00pm – Day two adjourns
The Sam M. Walton College of Business is excited to bring you this event. Blockchain technology could transform the way businesses operate, and has wide ranging applications from banking and finance to healthcare and insurance. Walton College is at the forefront of Blockchain research and education with the anticipated launch of the Blockchain Center of Excellence.
Assistant Professor, Department of Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business
Professor, Department of Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business