- We offer lessons in cello, flute, guitar, piano, and violin.
- Weekly private lessons are 30, 45, or 60 minutes in length depending on the student’s age and readiness.
- Most instruments have approximately 8 group lessons per semester. Please ask the director about your specific instrument.
- Contact the director, Nastassja Riley, at email@example.com or 575-6491 and request information about lesson availability.
- Schedule a visit to SMSA to meet with the director and observe private lessons, group lessons, and SMSA recitals.
- If you don’t own an instrument, talk to your instructor before purchasing or renting.
- When you have decided on an instrument, purchase a CD (Suzuki volume 1) of the instrument you will be studying. Listen to the CD regularly prior to your first lesson.
SMSA registers students on a semester basis. Fall and Spring Semesters each include 18 weeks of lessons. Group lessons are dependent on the number of students in the studio. Each student receives one private lesson per week and, if available, attends regularly scheduled group classes. New families who enroll after the semester has begun will have their tuition pro-rated.
Summer Lessons are arranged between teachers and students. Fees for summer lessons are based on the number of lessons taken. There are no regularly scheduled group classes during summer sessions.
All payments must be made to the U of A Treasurer’s Office, not to the SMSA office or your instructor.
The following payment options are available:
Credit card payment for full or partial tuition.
An invoice will be issued from the U of A Treasurer’s Office. Payment can be made at the web site shown in the invoice. You will need the customer number shown on the invoice to make payments. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. If making partial payments, please keep track of payments made. Any subsequent invoice reminders will not show updated balances.
Full or partial tuition payment by check.
An invoice will be issued from the U of A Treasurer’s Office. Payment can be made to the address shown in the invoice. Write the customer number shown on the invoice in the memo line of the check. If making partial payments, please keep track of payments made. Any subsequent invoice reminders will not show updated balances.
Tuition must be paid in full by December 15 for fall semester, May 15 for spring semester, and August 15 for summer. A $100 late fee will be assessed after those dates, and continuance suspended until all previous balances are paid.
Any changes in registration must be submitted to and approved by the SMSA director. If you choose to withdraw from the program, you will be billed for all lessons through the week you submit written notification to the program director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition rates per semester are as follows:
$477.00 30 minute lessons
$630.00 45 minute lessons
$855.00 60 minute lessons
$40.00 U of A Administrative Fee
A $25.00 sibling discount will be applied when families enroll two or more students in at least 15 lessons each per semester at the Suzuki School of Arkansas.
* New students who register after the start of the semester will have their tuition pro-rated at the semester rate.