LWVWC Lifelong Housing: Homes for All Ages Resources
Originally prepared in connection with a February 2017 program sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Washington County, Age Friendly Fayetteville, City of Fayetteville, and AARP Arkansas. Updated September 2017.
Program February 16, 2017
- Video of Lifelong Housing Program on February 16, 2017
- Panel Summary
- Age Friendly Fayetteville: A Community for a Lifetime (Jean Henry and Alishia Ferguson, U. of Arkansas, 2017)
- Universal Design: Intuitive Design for Innovative Living (Lou Tobian, AARP AR, 2017)
- Lifelong Housing: Homes for All Ages (Connie Saldana, Rogue Valley Council of Governments, 2017)
- Lifelong Housing, Homes for All Ages Work Session (Connie Saldana, Rogue Valley Council of Governments, 2017)
- Rogue Valley Council of Governments Lifelong Housing Program. Find additional information here about Rogue Valley’s Lifelong Housing Certification Program described in Saldana’s presentation.
- Lifelong Housing Issues: Demographics, Finances, Health, Home (Jennifer Webb, U. of Arkansas, 2017)
Lifelong Housing Working Group
A Working Group to look into creating a LLH Certification program for Fayetteville, AR was created following the panel. They held their kick-off meeting on February 17, 2017.
The Working Group is taking the certification program developed by Rogue Valley, OR as a starting point for their work. You can read about that program here:
If you are interested in participating in the Working Group, please contact Beth Barham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AARP Community Challenge Grants
- Beth Barham Lifelong Housing Interview on KPSQ September 23, 2017
- Useful Websites for More Information on Lifelong Housing