Creating an effective organization that can inspire change in the Arkansas community is not an easy task. It requires hard work, perseverance, and a collective effort from stakeholders at the University. Many Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) are committed to sustainability, and the RSO Sustainability Coalition brings eco-minded RSOs together as a community resource.
The Sustainability Coalition builds infrastructure for the UA sustainability committee. This ensures that grassroots student initiatives can continue as current student leaders graduate and new groups move onto campus. The Coalition also fosters collaboration between RSOs.
The RSO Sustainability Coalition is a working group of campus leaders, whose purpose is to organize and promote student sustainability efforts at the University of Arkansas as well as connect sustainability focused RSOs to campus administration, the Office for Sustainability, and the Associated Student Government.
- The Student Sustainability Coalition will meet once a month, in which all members are required to attend
- Each organization is required to host two sustainability focused events, one per semester
- In addition to the required events for the Fall and Spring semester, each RSO is required to host one additional informational event and one volunteerism/community engagement event for the academic school year
- RSOs are expected to promote other RSO Sustainability Coalition members’ events, to help them reach the maximum number of students possible
Member organizations include:
- Net Impact
- Student Sierra Coalition
- Horticulture Club
- Young Democrats Environmental Task Force
- Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences Club
- The Wells Project
- Agriculture Business Club
- Agriculture Communicators of Tomorrow
- Residents’ Interhall Congress
- Full Stomachs Clean Feet
- Biology Club
- The Wildlife Society
- and many more!
If you have questions or are interested in joining, please email Eric Boles.