Are you interested in joining the OFS team?
We are currently searching for someone to be our new Sustainability Program Assistant. This position supports all aspects of the Sustainability Office’s day-to-day operations. From events, to communications & outreach, to administrative needs, this person will work closely with students involved in office programs and will play a key role in making the University of Arkansas an environmentally responsible leader in our community.
- Develops and implements new programs that reach diverse audiences of students, faculty, and staff on campus.
- Contributes, refines, and implements innovative ideas that help make the University of Arkansas a sustainability leader.
- Organizes outstanding campus sustainability events and supporting event logistics
- Promote opportunities within the sustainability office to the campus at tabling events and student orientations.
- Engages in, and sometimes facilitates, strategic planning discussions about office growth, strengthening, and assessment.
- Serves as an enthusiastic resource for student, faculty, and staff collaborators.
- Updates website and supporting efforts to develop new website structure and content.
- Manages communication platforms such as the blog and weekly newsletter announcement.
- Editing and reviewing documents for project plans
- Implements effective systems for managing office administrative tasks including income/expense tracking, receipt management, reimbursements, and more.
- Manages professional inquiries received over the phone and via email.
- Supports communication and administrative tasks as needed.
- Is a positive, solution-oriented, supportive, and collaborative team member as a member of the Sustainability Office.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mac OS
The hours of work are from 9 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday at the Office for Sustainability located on 238 N. Harmon Dr. It pays $13 an hour with the opportunity to be converted into a salary. This position will be open until filled.
Please email a resume and cover letter to the Director of Sustainability, Eric Boles at firstname.lastname@example.org interested!